7 Best AI Writing Software of 2022 (Ranked)
Last Updated on December 25, 2021 by Adam Enfroy
What is the Best AI Writing Software?Here are my top picks for the best AI writing software to try this year.
1. Jarvis.This entire review section was written by Jarvis in about two minutes using their AI writing assistant tool Jarvis Command. Jarvis is an AI writing tool that helps you transform your text into a completely personalized and unique piece of art. You can write a blog post, article, or even a poem with Jarvis, which will generate automatic content to match the overall style of your writing. With the Jarvis Command, you simply start typing and Jarvis will finish your sentences for you. The process is completely automated and works incredibly well with proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Jarvis then generates a piece of art in response to your writing. The algorithm translates each word into an image using a series of libraries and algorithms that are used throughout the program. This means that Jarvis doesn’t just create random images–it creates images from actual words!
FeaturesJarvis uses advanced AI to detect key elements in your writing and matches them to the perfect examples from over one million sentences in the Jarvis database. The results are pretty amazing and Jarvis can really make your writing come alive. Jarvis is optimized to work for any type of writing, including creative writing, business documents, articles, and even poetry! Some examples include:
- Lookup: Identify key elements in your text like people’s names or places, pronouns (e.g., he/she, I/me), verbs, adjectives, and nouns.
- Find/Replace: You can search for specific words in your text by keyword (e.g., cat, dog, red) or synonym (e.g., animal -> pet). This feature is great for creating a list of frequently used phrases like “the quick brown fox.”
- Punctuation: Add common punctuation symbols, such as commas, periods, and exclamation marks. This feature is perfect for those who tend to forget the small details like how many spaces to use after a period.
- Fonts/Styles: With over 11,000 free fonts and 2,500 categories for different writing styles, you can find the perfect font to match your mood. You can change text color as well.
- Quote/Paraphrase: This tool automatically identifies quotes or paraphrased sections of text from their context in your content. I used this feature to highlight.
PricingJarvis comes with three pricing plans: Starter, Pro, and Premium. All plans are available to try with a free trial. Starter includes the core feature set, access to 20,000 words per month, and comes with the ability to write 50+ skills like descriptions, headlines, and bios. Pro is $109 per month and includes access to an unlimited number of words, and longer-form content like blog posts, video scripts, and books. Boss Mode is $119 per month and provides full access to all Jarvis features and no limits. You can also write 2x faster and gain control by using Jarvis Command to direct the AI to write exactly what you need.
Overall ThoughtsJarvis is an amazing AI writing tool that allows you to produce unique pieces of art in response to your own words! I used this service for this entire review section (I feel quite accomplished now!). Get started with a free trial of Jarvis today, and upgrade to a paid plan to unlock all of its amazing features.
2. INK Editor.Best for AI Co-Writing & SEO Assistant INK Editor is a distraction-free editor that combines AI co-writing and an SEO assistant. As an SEO Assistant, INK editor helps create content that’ll help you rank higher on search engines and generate more organic traffic. That’s because its patented AI system analyzes your content in real-time and provides suggestions to improve your INK SEO Score. So, content with a high score is more likely to rank in search engines. Indeed, a data study suggests that content with an INK SEO Score above 97% is at least four times more likely to rank on Google. Meanwhile, the AI Co-Writing feature is useful for generating high-performing copy. Powered by a sophisticated AI, the co-writing feature helps users write, expand, rewrite, or simplify sentences. With that said, this AI writing software has several other exciting features. Features: As said earlier, the INK Editor has several AI-writing assistant functionalities, such as AI-Writing, AI-Simplifying, and AI-Expanding. But, it’s much more than a content generation tool. INK has several other features to enhance content visibility and your writing experience. Here’s a list of the essential features that this tool offers:
- Meta optimization
- Spelling and grammar suggestions
- Minimalist interface
- Image optimization — compression and resizing
- Sentiment analysis
- WordPress integration
- Accessibility modes — dyslexia and color-blind
- Content readability score
- Topic suggestions
- 50 Points on Sign-up
- Top off up to 5 points per day
- 10 Articles/month
- 25 SEO Content Scorings/month
- One User
- Unlimited articles
- Unlimited SEO AI content scoring
- AI-Writing features
- 1,000 points/month = up to 50,000 AI-generated words
- Three users
- Unlimited points/month
- Team management
- Unlimited articles
- Unlimited SEO AI content scoring
- AI-Writing features
- More Users
- Team Management Panel
- Premium Support Option
- API Access for Content Scoring
- Custom Plugin Development
- Custom INK Color Branding
Best for Error-free ProofreadingGrammarly started operations in 2009 and has positioned itself as the leading grammar and spell-checking tool on the market. It towers over others because you get to check spelling and grammar as well as spot contextual errors, improving your writing skills. It lets you perform checks in multiple languages such as Australian, US, and UK English. The tool also has provisions for plagiarism checking and provides suggestions regarding how you can improve the quality of the text you’ve written. One of the aspects of Grammarly that I find enticing is that it comes with an easy-to-use browser plugin. Once you’ve included that in your browser, you can run Grammarly checks while composing emails and writing in Google docs. Such detailed checking makes the writing process fluid. With the Grammarly extension, you’ll never be caught off-guard by errant spelling, punctuation, and other writing mistakes. Also, the interface and error prompts are very user-friendly, so that’s another advantage.
Features:Grammarly uses advanced AI and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to analyze your text. The writing assistant tool highlights sentence structure and style problems and can even help you make your text more concise, clear, and understandable. The following lists some of the features that Grammarly offers:
- Spelling, grammar, and contextual error checking
- Multi-language support
- Plagiarism checker
- Content quality score
- Easy integration with most business apps
- Secure browser add-on
- Entirely AI-based checking
- Available on both desktop and mobile
Pricing:Grammarly has divided its plans across three tiers: Free, Premium, and Business. The Free and Premium plans are best suited for individual marketers and professionals. For larger teams, it’s better if you opt for the Business plan. Here’s a quick breakup of each. 1. Free Plan at $0/month
- Basic grammar, spelling, and punctuation checking
- Limited quality, clarity, and delivery tone detection
- Single user only
- Plagiarism detection
- Advanced writing suggestions
- Single user only
- Dedicated admin panel
- Centralized billing and priority email support
- For teams of three or more members
Best for Content RephrasingWordtune doesn’t position itself as a tool for grammar checking. Instead, it’s one of the few AI software tools that try to understand the context and semantics of what you write. It’s the brainchild of AI21 Labs and uses multiple language models to rephrase sentences. Using Wordtune, you can work to make your content more compelling, engaging, and easily consumable. To help you achieve this, the service uses advanced, neural-net-based NLP technology combined with standard AI tools. The tool paraphrases the content you’ve written and rewrites it more fluidly and understandably. It attempts to improve the readability of the text instead of regular grammar checking that focuses more on syntax than semantics.
Features:Wordtune helps you write sentences that read great and at the same time preserve the original meaning. It provides you with several different options for every sentence that you need to rewrite. Apart from the above, the following are some of the other features Wordtune offers:
- Entirely cloud-based tool
- Smart paste feature
- Works with all editors and email clients
- Semantic analysis-based rewrites
- Complete control over sentence length and style
- Thesaurus based real-time suggestions
- Multi-language word finder
- Easy integration with social media sites and business tools
Pricing:Like Grammarly, Wordtune also has a three-tiered pricing structure. The Free plan is available for everyone to use without payment or registration. For advanced functionality, you can switch over to the Premium paid plans, as explained below. 1. Free Plan at $0
- Basic suggestions
- Basic rewrites
- Chrome add-on
- Advanced rewrites and suggestions
- Formality and length controllers
- Word Finder
- Everything in Premium
- Team billing
- Custom pricing
Best for Academic Content EditingIf you deal with academic content that can’t afford grammar mistakes, then ProWritingAid can make the task a lot easier for you. It offers advanced grammar and spell-checking, along with style suggestions. You can choose from over 1000 writing styles that are pre-built into it. The software helps writers improve their content by providing detailed reports that can help enhance their writing style. It also provides you with unique writing suggestions, related articles, and even videos and quizzes to make the editing process more engaging. ProWritingAid helps you search for and weed out unwanted elements in your text, such as redundant text, vagueness, and excessively long sentences. And like most AI-based editing algorithms, it learns and helps you learn as you go forward and use it more. Use it for research projects, professional articles, and more.
Features:The one feature of ProWritingAid that I need to mention is its ubiquity. The app offers a Chrome extension, an MS Office add-on, and even works with Google Docs and Scrivener. No matter what editor you use, ProWritingAid can help you out. Here’s a list of the essential features that the tool offers:
- Grammar and plagiarism checker
- Tonal analysis of text
- Detailed engagement metrics
- Style and sentence formatting
- Easy API integration
- Completely cloud-based solution
- 20 detailed writing reports
- Integration with popular apps such as Medium and Gmail
Pricing:ProWritingAid’s Chrome extension is available for free, and you can opt for any of the paid plans as per your needs. Plans are segmented, keeping user needs in mind. Here’s a quick break up of ProWritingAid pricing plans:
- Monthly Plan at $20/month
- Yearly Plan at $79/year
- Lifetime Plan at $399 (one-time payment)
- Individual Business Plan at $6/month
- Business Teams Plan at $8/user/month (minimum two users, billed annually).
- Enterprise Plan at custom rates
Best for Sales and Support MessagesSapling is an AI writing assistant software that works with messaging platforms and CRMs. It works to help sales and support teams compose and send personalized responses to customers. Using this tool, managers can also gain insights into managing conversations and training teams for better customer communication. Currently, the tool is used by large brands such as TaskUs and Lionbridge. Sapling claims to capture language problems and errors much better than traditional spell-checking tools, as it uses a machine-learning algorithm. It also has an impressive autocomplete feature that can help speed up your process of drafting replies.
Features:With Sapling, you no longer have to depend on chatbots that use shaky logic. The tool works to empower human agents by storing and retrieving the most common query responses. With a single click, you can reply to a customer and resolve their problems. Apart from the above, Sapling also provides access to the following features:
- Autocomplete Everywhere for faster drafting
- Snippet library accessible via web tools
- Message repository for inserting preformatted text
- Ability to provide human-in-the-loop responses
- Performance focused reporting
- Omnichannel support across a wide range of apps
- Enterprise-grade security
- Fast installation
Pricing:Sapling’s free plan comes with basic suggestions and can be used on free domains. It also offers AES-256 and TLS encryption. To get the benefits of advanced features and suggestions, you’ll need to opt for any of the paid plans. Here’s a quick comparison of the Sapling Pricing Structure:
- Free Plan at $0/month
- Pro Plan at $25/month
- Enterprise Plan at custom rates
7. AI Writer.
Best for Automatic Content CreationAI Writer is suitable for SEO writers and content ninjas who don’t have the time to perform detailed research for article writing and creation for content marketing. This tool is essentially an AI content generator that produces an AI article for you based on the information you supply to it. To use the article writing software, you have to enter a topic headline or keyword, and the automation system in the software will scrape related information from the web and create an article for you. The company website claims that using it can save up to 33% of writing time. However, SEO bloggers and content marketers need to be aware that AI Writer is not a substitute for human writing. It only seeks to augment the writing process by collating information in a persuasive manner which content writers can then optimize as per their needs.
Features:Apart from being an automated article writing software, AI Writer also provides a text rewriting function. Here, you can input an article that you’ve written, and the software will reword it. You can even reword articles that AI Writer itself has spun. The following are some significant features that AI Writer offers:
- Automatic content writing
- Article rewriting/rewording
- API for Auto-Blogging
- Faster content creation
- 94.47% Copyscape pass rate
Pricing:The official AI Writer website offers a free trial with limited capabilities and allows you to generate automated articles for seven days. If you’re satisfied with the trial performance, you can opt for any of the paid plans. Here’s a list of the paid plans that AI Writer offers:
- Basic Plan at $19/month
- Standard Plan at $49/month
- Custom Plan at Tailor-made rates
Best for Automatic WordPress ArticlesFor bloggers working on WordPress, Articoolo can be the best solution for generating blog content rapidly. It’s another article writing software and AI content generator that offers a WordPress plugin to make the process of article creation seamless and effortless. Articoolo works similar to any other automated AI text generator tool: you need to type in the topic, and the service will create the blog article for you. Since it uses NLP-based contextual algorithms, you can be sure to get a good AI article to start with, especially helpful for when you’re experiencing writer’s block. Using this tool, you don’t have to spend time on hours of research and manually collating information. Just use Articoolo to speed up the process and fast-track your blog posts.
Features:The primary service that Articoolo offers is that of an AI article writer, but you can also use it for rewriting existing articles. It even comes with an API and a WordPress plugin for smooth integration with other apps. The following lists the essential features of Articoolo:
- Fast article creation and rewriting
- Topic idea and title generator
- Article summarization
- Quotes and image search
- Writer’s Helper
Pricing:Articoolo’s pricing plans are of two types: Pay-per-use plans and Monthly subscriptions. They also offer team and custom subscriptions for larger businesses that need bulk service. Here’s a list of the pricing plans:
- $19 for 10 articles
- $75 for 50 articles
- $99 for 100 articles
- $29/month for 30 articles
- $49/month for 100 articles
- $99/month for 250 articles
9. Text Blaze.
Best for Automating Repetitive Typing TasksText Blaze works to reduce the monotony of typing by taking care of repetitive tasks. Using this app, you can create quick and easy text snippets that you can insert anywhere like in social media posts or landing pages. It further speeds up the process by offering a slew of keyboard shortcuts. Snippets in the app are usually plaintext, but you can also use contextual, dynamic snippets generated from real-time user input. It even gives you the provision to apply advanced business logic and communicate with other apps. Using Text Blaze snippets, you can streamline inter- as well as intra-team collaboration and communication. For this reason, operations managers, sales representatives, and teachers prefer Text Blaze to save time and create quality text content.
Features:The one advantage Text Blaze offers over many other AI writing tools is that it’s available anywhere you can run Google Chrome, and this includes ChromeOS devices. The set-up process is straightforward, and anyone can manage snippets using it. Here’s a list of some of the features that Text Blaze offers:
- Customizable templates
- Quick keyboard shortcuts
- Available on most popular web apps
- Easy collaboration and sharing features
- Dynamic formulas for business logic implementation
Pricing:When it comes to pricing plans, Text Blaze offers a lot of choices. The Basic plan is free, and you can add the Chrome extension and start working on it immediately. Since this plan has limited sharing and creation capabilities, teams and professionals will need to upgrade. The following is a list of the paid plans that Text Blaze offers:
- Pro Plan for $2.99/month
- Business Plan for $6.99/user/month
- Enterprise Plan at custom rates
What Is Artificial Intelligence or AI Writing Software?AI writing software refers to software tools that use artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to speed up and support the process of creating written human quality content. These tools are playing a significant role in the content marketing industry. Using AI writing software, you can create blog articles faster, write better emails, and polish your text to capture the readers’ attention. AI-based writing tools can help you with everything from grammar and synonyms to context, the sentence-style and structure.
Are AI Writing Tools Expensive?I’m sure you’ve seen from the description of pricing plans above that AI writing tools are mostly cloud-based and available as SaaS solutions. You can easily opt for an affordable subscription plan that suits your needs. Most services even come with free plans and trials.
Wrap Up.A single typo can have massive implications on your brand image. As a result, any content that you create needs to be polished, precise, and error-free. AI writing software helps businesses and startups do precisely that and boost the marketing process. If you’re looking for a suitable AI writing software, then take a pick from the list below:
- Jarvis: Best AI Writing Software
- Grammarly: Best for Error-free Proofreading
- Wordtune: Best for Content Rephrasing
- ProWritingAid: Best for Academic Content Editing
- Sapling: Best for Sales and Support Messages
- AI Writer: Best for Automatic Content Creation
- Articoolo: Best for Automatic WordPress Articles
- Text Blaze: Best for Automating Repetitive Typing Tasks