You are going to enjoy this article if you are looking for the best marketing automation tools.
We all know that without proper marketing, our products, services and commodities will not sell faster as expected.
Suppose I tell you that there are tools out there which can automate the selling process for you so that you set them once and wait for money in your bank account.
Won’t you be happy?
Let’s explore the world’s leading marketing automation services.
Best Email Marketing Automation Tools 2020
Here are quick facts and statistics about email marketing to jog your mind:
- 80% of companies use email marketing casually but only 51% of them derive time-savings and efficiency out of email automation.
- Email auto-responses get 119%higher click rates than normal broadcast emails.
- Automated welcome and onboarding email sequences boost conversion rates 60% more than non-timed emails.
- Targeted birthday email offers boost conversion rates than non-timed offers
- Email marketing is the highest converting marketing strategy.
In order to reap the full benefits of email marketing, you need to use the following tools:
Engagebay is more than just an email marketing automation tool.
It is a complete and fully integrated all-in-one marketing and sales CRM.
This single software has the following capabilities:
Customer relationship management
Live chat and help-desk capabilities
Pros of using Engagebay
All in one marketing software
It is affordable
Offers free onboarding valued at $1199
Helps in knowing the customer better
Engagebay integrations: Integrates well with Zapier
Provides excellent online and phone customer support
Offers value for money.
Cons of Engagebay
Not really a con but they need to add more CRM capabilities and avail more templates
Constant Contact is a beginner-friendly email marketing service that is easy to use.
Its Email plus package is best for event marketing, registrations and ticketing.
Pros of using Constant Contact
- 60-days trial period – This is the longest in the industry
- Simple to get started
- Highest deliverability rates in the industry
- Amazing customer support
- Extensive online training and knowledge base
More on creating an email list with Constant Contact
Cons of Constant Contact
- Limited advanced automation features
- Limited customization for the forms
- High price
Convertkit is a very intuitive email marketing tool which boasts of a tag-based subscriber system which creates dynamic emails with merge tags.
Pros of Convertkit
- Simple and effective visual automation builder
- Hosts a landing page builder (Good for clients who don’t have websites)
- Does not charge for duplicate contacts
- Good analytics and reporting
- Automatically sends emails to unopens
- Flexible user subscription management system
- Great and responsive customer support
- Best for bloggers, YouTubers, podcasters and marketers
Learn more about Convertkit here
Cons of Convertkit
- It is pricey
- Has limited and poor text-based design options
- Fewer customizations
- Reports exclude bounce rate
- Limited A/B testing functionality
Aweber has been in the business of email marketing for more than 19 years. In fact, it invented the email autoresponders.
Pros of Aweber
- Amazing customer support
- Easy integration with thousands of third party tools
- Many templates to choose from
- Easy to set autoresponders
- Has single and double opt-ins
- Easy to import contacts
- Great reporting features
Cons of Aweber
- Very pricey and has unfair subscriber count since it charges even unsubscribed contacts
- Outdated templates
- Inability to use multiple segments in sending newsletters
Drip was designed to streamline the delivery of drip emails.
It is a simple tool which has numerous cool features including email collection, pre-made templates and simple drag and drop builders.
Pros of Drip
- Full functionality is available in trial version
- Uses a tag-based structure
- Can track complex events
- Has a great visual automation builder
- Automatically sends emails to unopens
- Integrates with Zapier and thousands of tools out there
- Has the best customer support team
Cons of Drip
- Has a restricted A/B testing ability
- The form builder is inadequate
- Limited number of templates
GetResponse is a blissful email marketing machine which integrates your emails with your calendar so that you can schedule and forget.
It has a nice autoresponder which has drag and drop features. getResponse boasts automation tools and responsive design templates for creating landing pages and creating amazing email marketing campaigns.
Pros of GetResponse
- Cheaper email marketing option- cheapest when paid upfront for one or two years
- Has more features than most email marketing services (split testing, custom landing pages; intuitive design testing, webinar features and video email marketing capabilities)
- Intelligent list automation through conditions
- Is a great CRM tool
- Powerful autoresponder for startups
- Nice data segmentation
- Great landing page editor that allows A/B testing
- Has design and spam testing abilities at no added costs
- Excellent marketing automation
- Native apps for android and ios for monitoring your campaigns
This Getresponse Review can help you more.
Cons of GetResponse
- Fiddly drag and drop interface
- Non-responsive forms
- No A/B testing on landing page editor in cheaper plans
- Templates look old and can be improved
SendinBlue is not only an email marketing software but a complete marketing automation software that has email and SMS capability.
Its drag and drop builder will help you create amazing emails, automated workflows and email segmentation. Sending customized emails to your subscribers gets blissful with this tool.
Pros of SendinBlue
- Lower price (40k emails for only $25) as compared to other email marketing platforms
- Has a solid email automation system which can b triggered based on customers’ behaviour and interactions with content
- A modern landing page editor with a great interface
- A unique SMS marketing feature
- Great customer support
Cons of SendinBlue
- Lower email deliverability score
- Has general usability and navigation issues
- Can attach limited files
- Limited font choices and templates
Mailigen is a simple and yet powerful email marketing software.
This Mailigen review highlights the pros and cons of Mailigen which can help you make an informed decision when you want to buy email marketing software.
Pros of Mailigen
- An easy to use emailing platform with responsive design
- 30 day free trial period with no payment information needed
- Flexible and scalable premium plans
- Google analytics integration and split testing ability
- Integrated SMS and email marketing in one tool
- Can create online surveys
- A nice WYSIWYG interface
- Integration with social media applications and hundreds of Customer relationship management apps
- Customers can participate in its affiliate program
- Deletes duplicate emails to avoid redundancy
- very personal approach to customer support
Cons of Mailigen
- Reporting tools provide inadequate information on customer behaviour
- Limited email templates and no pre-designed sign-up forms
- No email spam checker and email previewer
- Limited list segmentation functionality
Mailerlite is an easy-to-use, drag and drop email marketing tool which can create sweet-looking email marketing campaigns for you.
Its advanced targeting feature has personalization, segmentation and automation capabilities while the optimization features ensure best-performing campaigns.
Using Mailerlite together with OptinMonster will give you amazing and high converting signup forms which can be personalized to capture emails depending on customer’s actions.
The email marketing software is best for starters who need a simple and intuitive service for email marketing and sending newsletters.
Pros of Mailerlite
- No credit card required in the forever plan
- Great customer support
- Has a clean, simple, easy to use and modern looks
- Available in 8 languages
- Newbie-friendly, affordable and powerful
- Has many features of marketing automation in the free plan
- Landing page editor which allows you to create a Mailerlite-hosted landing page or a self-hosted one.
Cons of Mailerlite
- Rigorous approval system in place
- Hidden rules for approving new accounts
- The account may be stopped if you have low open rates
- No comprehensive reporting – provides basic reports such as opens, clicks, bounces etc.
- Lacks complex automation
MailChimp is the most popular email marketing service because of its simplicity and a free plan. It is a great marketing tool which is relatively easy to use.
Furthermore, it has an easy navigation dashboard, a fast editor and a ton of templates to choose from. MailChimp is one of the best email marketing software for small bloggers, small e-commerce businesses which need the best newsletter email marketing solution.
Pros of MailChimp
- It is the easiest email marketing tool
- Has a free plan for up to 2000 contacts
- It has a simple drag and drop email editor
- Professional email design
- Many integrations at higher tiers
Cons of MailChimp
- Unpleasant landing page builder
- No workflow editor which impedes automation
- Limited features and fewer integrations for free and cheaper plans
Active Campaign is another email marketing service which allows you to create and send drip emails that are triggered by subscribers’ interaction with your content, their behaviour, interests, location, browsing history, etc.
Active Campaign is so powerful that you can automate the lifecycle of your subscribers on your website and forget about it – it will do the work for you while you snore in your bed or visit places.
It comes with a built-in CRM and can perform multi-channel marketing.
Pros of Active Campaign
- A great user interface that is easy to understand
- Integration with many online tools through Zapier
- Easy to use for g automation and CRM purposes
- Extremely powerful marketing automation
- Favourable pricing
- Thorough reporting including geo-tracking, click maps, page visits, links clicked, etc. Higher plans have purchase tracking for Shopify, BigCommerce and WooCommerce.
- Has helpful pointers which help you when creating campaigns
- High deliverability of emails – it is one of the best email marketing tools that have high deliverability to the inbox
- Free migrations from other email marketing services.
- Simple segmentation of subscribers for easier targeting
- Can perform multi-channel marketing automation
Cons of Active Campaign
- The CRM and email builder look old and hard to navigate
- Active Campaign lacks native integrations with third-party tools – you need Zapier or Pro Zapier to integrate most of the tools
BombBomb is a unique email marketing system which enables you to send rich video drip campaigns.
You already know that text-based emails and image campaigns are becoming too much and boring at the same time.
If you want to create email campaigns that have videos, then you must consider BombBomb email marketing service.
Pros of BombBomb
- Makes email marketing very personal
- The technology cuts above all clutter in the recipient’s inbox
- Easy to set up BombBomb
- Simple and easy-to-use email automation tools
- Message delivered as a moving gif which draws attention
Cons of BombBomb
- Low-quality videos delivered
- Needs more customization
- No connection to CRM
- A few native and Zapier integrations
Mailget is a perfect email marketing solution that allows sending of emails through Amazon SES and other SMTPs. You can get free email templates on different niches.
It has high email deliverability due to SMTP routing.
It has an in-built responsive email template builder.
You can embed sign up forms anywhere on your website and get subscribers.
Furthermore, Mailget has inbuilt list management and list cleaning mechanism.
Pros of Mailget
- A great and lovely drip and scheduling feature
- very easy dragging and dropping feature for creating emails
- Many email templates
- Lots of integrations through Zapier
- All forms in one location
- Easy integration with other products
Cons of Mailget
- Needs more development of conditional logic and templates
- No autosave capabilities
- Lacks custom fields for subscribers
- No community
- A few clients have reported customer care issues
MailerGen Bolt is an email marketing service which helps marketers to create email campaigns through a drag and drop builder.
The software sends email campaigns via an authentic and reliable SMTP server which ensures a 100% delivery rate.
Moreover, the email marketing service allows drip automation of email campaigns, follow-ups, email scheduling, etc.
Pros of MailGet Bolt
- Mailget Bolt pricing is affordable and cost-effective
- The Email marketing solution is easy to use and user-friendly
- It has a variety of features that will make your marketing blissful
- Has excellent customer support
Pros of MailGet Bolt
- Difficult to add custom tags
Gumroad is a simple e-commerce audience builder and an integrated email marketing platform.
It is a marketplace for digital products and services but it also has an email marketing feature which helps you in collecting emails of your visitors.
This is a great way to grow the list of your potential clients.
Pros of Gumroad email marketing
- Easy scheduling and sending of automated email campaigns
- Your market and your email capture tool are in the same place
Cons of Gumroad email marketing
- Lacks advanced marketing capacity
Infusionsoft by Keap
Infusionsoft by Keap is a complete cloud-based sales and marketing service that provides customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation and e-commerce solutions in one suite.
With Infusionsoft, you can segment your contacts, track their interactions with your content, send targeted emails, run email marketing campaigns, create triggers for personalized communications based on subscriber’s actions e.g clicks, opens, etc.
The tool will also help you to manage your e-commerce business, inventory, payments, purchases, online shopping carts, store activities, quotations, invoices, and receipts.
You can use Infusionsoft’s reporting capabilities and analytics tools to check out how your email campaigns fair on. The features allow you to track sales, revenue projections and returns on investment.
Better still, you can access the features of Infusionsoft by Keap remotely from your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
Infusionsofy integrates with QuickBooks, SalesForce, Outlook and Gmail and a ton of other tools.
Pros of Infusionsoft by Keap
- The best-designed user-interface
- A great campaign builder and email builder
- Many integrations
- Built-in shopping cart
- It’s an all in one marketing suite that has many capabilities
- A large knowledge base full of resources to get you started
- The deeply engaged, knowledgeable and supportive community
- Many ways to engage subscribers
Cons of Infusionsoft by Keap
- Quite expensive
- Complicated and has a steep initial learning curve
- Needs additional training to unlock full benefits
- No native integrations require many third-party apps which adds to costs
- Problematic customer support – not technically savvy
- Doesn’t look modern
- A few deliverability issues
Moosend Email Marketing, Campaign Management and Automation Software
Moosend is an email marketing service which helps to manage multiple email campaigns and mailing lists.
With Moosend, you can design and send amazing newsletter campaigns that are created using the in-built campaign editor.
The service uses tags to personalize emails sent.
Pros of Moosend email marketing
- The service has free and cheaper plans
- Easy automated email marketing
- Great A/B testing tool with multiple options
- Top-notch customer support
- User-friendly campaign editor
- Best real-time analytics and reporting
- Advanced list segmentation
Cons of Moosend email marketing
Free plan has some limitations
Best Marketing Automation Tools 2020
Here are other email marketing solutions
What are your thoughts on email automation software in 2020?